1 almond sugar dough sheet
6 black mission fgs, quartered
Strawberry gel, for glazing
1 pink grapefruit, segmented
Pistachio Almond Cream
250g (each) unsalted butter, sugar,
whole eggs, lightly beaten and almond powder
80g pistachio paste
35g bread four
Fig & Blackberries Jam
125g black mission fgs, cubed
100g black mission dried figs, soaked in warm water for two hours, and cubed
1 lemon, juiced
350g whipped cream
75g mascarpone cheese
40g icing sugar
1 lime zest
• For the almond sugar strip: Sift pastry four and salt into a mixing bowl. Add in icing sugar and almond powder; mix well and make a well in the centre of the four mixture. Add in the diced unsalted butter.Gradually add in the beaten whole egg and beat until a form dough is formed. Cover, and keep chilled. Once chilled, roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface into a (3-cm x 15-cm x 2-mm thickness) dough sheet. Bake the almond sugar dough in a pre-heated oven at 160 °C until lightly brown and then cut into 12 (9-cmx 3-cm) strips and place on an inverted baking pan. Bake in a pre-heated oven until lightly brown. Remove and set aside.
• For the cream cheese mousse: Whip cream cheese and lemon zest in a mixing bowl until light and airy. Set aside. Heat sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat to 121°C and then pour over the whisked egg yolks. Beat well and fold in the beaten cream cheese, whipped
cream and bloomed gelatine. Set aside.
• Place the sliced figs onto the base of a (18-cm x 18-cm) baking pan. Pipe in one-third of the cream cheese mousse and top with a sheet of frozen mixed berries jelly. Pipe in the remaining cream cheese mousse and keep chilled for about 20 minutes. Once chilled, spread
the top with crunchy rice crispy and freeze. Cut the pie into 12 (9-cm x 3-cm) bars and glaze with a clear glaze.
Arrange the fig bars on top of baked almond sugar
strips. Makes 12 bars.
• For the pistachio almond cream: Beat all the ingredients in an electric mixer bowl on a high speed until light and creamy. Transfer mixture into a piping bag with a nozzle attached. Set aside.
•For the fig & blackberries jam: Mix cubed figs,blackberries and sugar in a mixing bowl. Cover and keep chilled for about 12 hours. Pour the chilled fruits into a saucepan and heat over a medium heat for about 15 minutes. Add in 100ml water and lemon juice and continue to cook until jam reaches 104ºC, for about 8 minutes. Remove and set aside the figs and blackberries jam to cool.
• For the mascarpone Chantilly: Whip all the ingredients in a mixing bowl until light and creamy. Transfer mixture into a piping bag with a nozzle attached. Set aside.
• Lined the almond sugar dough sheet into two (20-cm diameter) tart pans and pipe in the pistachio almond cream. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160°C for about 25 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool. Once cooled, spread a thin layer of the fig and blackberries jam and top with quartered figs and bake for another 10 minutes at 180°C. Remove and glaze with strawberry gel andset aside to cool. Once cooled, pipe with mascarpone Chantilly. Garnish with pink grapefruit segments. Makes 2 tarts